Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Scratching is not sexy. You need one of the best body moisturizers for dry skin. It will stop the itching and flaking. It might make you look younger, too.
So how do you know which body lotion is best for dry skin? Take a glance at the label. First, you need ingredients that draw in moisture. Look for glycerin, and hyaluronic acid.
Next, you’ll want emollients to lock in hydration. Check for shea butter and natural oils or ingredients like coconut oil, jojoba, cocoa butter, and sunflower. Some lotions use petrolatum.
Finally, urea and alpha or beta hydroxy acids help get rid of dead skin. Try a lotion with salicylic or glycolic acid if you have psoriasis or keratosis pilaris.
Now, let us take at the reviews of the best moisturizer for super dry skin.
- Top Body Moisturizers for Dry Skin In 2020
- 1. O’Keeffe’s Skin Repair Body Lotion and Dry Skin Moisturizer
- 2. Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion
- 3. Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer
- 4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion for Dry Skin
- 5. Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Cream
- 6. Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer for Dry & Extra-Dry Skin
- 7. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment Skin Protectant
- 8. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
- 9. Cetaphil Restoraderm Body Moisturizer
- 10. Puracy Organic Hand and Body Lotion
- 11. Curél Fragrance-Free Comforting Body Lotion for Dry, Sensitive Skin
- 12. Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Extra Dry Skin Lotion
- 13. Advanced Clinicals Shea Butter Ultra Rich Softening Cream
- 14. La Roche-Posay Lipikar Body Milk Lipid Replenishing Body Lotion with Shea Butter
- 15. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion
- 16. Neutrogena Lightweight Body Oil for Dry Skin, Sheer Moisturizer in Light Sesame Formula
- 17. Bliss Body Butter
- 18. Dove DermaSeries Fragrance-Free Body Lotion, for Dry Skin
- 19. Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
- 20. Curél Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion for Extra-Dry, Tight Skin
- 21. AmLactin Ultra Smoothing Intensely Hydrating Body Cream
- 22. Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion with Macadamia Nut Oil and Promega-7
If you don’t have time to read the complete article, here are our top picks.
Top Body Moisturizers for Dry Skin In 2020
Now you know the basics, but sometimes shopping can still be a pain. To make it easy for you, we hand-picked the best body moisturizers for dry skin and reviewed them below.
1. O’Keeffe’s Skin Repair Body Lotion and Dry Skin Moisturizer
O’Keeffe’s advanced Repair Lotion relies on three main ingredients to cure dry skin. The first is glycerin that draws water into your skin. Next is dimethicone, a soothing emollient that protects against moisture loss. And finally, it includes shea butter and cocoa butter formula that makes the skin silky soft.
One highlight of this moisturizer and body lotion is the fact that it protects your body for up to 48 hours after you apply it. It even stands up to showers. Plus, it’s tested to be safe for users with diabetes and eczema.
2. Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion
If you itch more than you can stand, try Eucerin’s Intensive Repair Lotion. It contains alpha-hydroxy acids that not only exfoliate dead skin but also soothe irritation. Once that flaky dry layer comes off, your body feels softer and looks younger. Your skin is renewing itself and is suitable for itchy skin. They also restore the skin’s barrier and lock in moisture.
Although this anti-aging moisturizer is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, it can make you more sensitive to sunburn. That’s due to the alpha-hydroxy acids. Wear sunscreen during the day if you’ll be outdoors. We feel this is the best overall.
3. Hempz Original Herbal Body Moisturizer
The Hempz body moisturizer won’t get you high. It doesn’t have THC, parabens, or gluten. Instead, it contains hemp seed oil and shea butter that smooth and soften so that your body feels like silk. It also has amino acids, vitamin E, and ginseng to keep the skin healthy and young. Customers say the scent reminds them of suntan lotion.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion for Dry Skin
Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Lotion was clinically tested and proven to make a measurable difference within two weeks of daily use. It resolves dry skin and continues to work for up to 24 hours after you apply it. It’s less irritating than some lotions because there are no artificial fragrances. Some of the primary ingredients in this lotion are dimethicone, colloidal oatmeal, and petrolatum. We feel these are the best body lotions out there and are non-greasy.
5. Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Cream
If the Aveeno daily lotion isn’t strong enough to resolve the problem, try the Intense Moisture Repair Body Cream. This moisturizing gel cream comes in a tub, not a pump bottle like the daily lotion. But this fragrance-free formula is rich in Aveeno’s proprietary Triple Oat Complex plus ceramides and emollients. And its after-effects last for up to 24 hours and these are non-greasy.
6. Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer for Dry & Extra-Dry Skin
Take the Curèl Wet Skin Moisturizer into the bath with you because you’re going to want to apply it while your skin is wet. By the time you’ve rubbed it in, you can dry off with a towel, and you’re done. The ceramide complex will continue working to seal in moisture. We feel this is the best value-added moisturizer out there.
The fast-absorbing lotion has the seal of approval from the National Eczema Association.
7. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment Skin Protectant
Aquaphor makes no secret of the fact that it contains petrolatum, the same ingredient found in Vaseline. There’s also glycerin and panthenol, which is vitamin B to promote healing. This powerful lotion is recommended by doctors and even tattoo artists to protect the skin. They also restore the skin barrier and lock in skin’s moisture and will leave the skin feeling rejuvenated.
8. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
CeraVe’s Rich Body Lotion is best for skin according to dermatologists. It also has the seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association. It’s gentle enough for sensitive skin but effective at resolving dryness.
One of its key ingredients is hyaluronic acid. This component is naturally found in the skin but decreases as we age. It can hold 1000 times its weight in water. Moreover, it has a special emulsion that slowly releases ceramides to retain moisture over the course of 24 hours. We feel this is the best body lotion out there.
9. Cetaphil Restoraderm Body Moisturizer
Cetaphil’s Restoraderm Moisturizer is often recommended by doctors to patients with eczema and sensitive skin. It lacks parabens, fragrances, and nut oils, plus it’s mild enough for babies, too. Some of the primary components are panthenol to speed up healing and niacinamide to calm irritation.
10. Puracy Organic Hand and Body Lotion
Sometimes reading the label is overwhelming. It’s rare to find a body lotion that explains the chemicals inside. But Puracy starts with purified water, then adds organic ingredients like vegetable glycerin and sunflower oil to make a nourishing and non-irritating product. It includes natural oils like coconut oil, jojoba, cocoa butter, and sunflower.
Throughout the list of components, they add explanations like “biodegradable preservative.” This way you understand what you’re putting on your skin. Furthermore, customers love this moisturizer because it’s not greasy and it’s free from artificial dyes, fragrances, parabens, and petrochemicals. We feel this is the best body lotion out there.
11. Curél Fragrance-Free Comforting Body Lotion for Dry, Sensitive Skin
If you’re longing for a thick body cream to soothe dry and itchy skin, try Curél’s Fragrance-Free Comforting Body Lotion. It’s recommended by dermatologists because it’s fragrance-free and tested against common allergies. Believe it or not, Curél says it’s mild enough to use on your face. It absorbs quickly and continues to release hydration for up to 24 hours. Apply it where ever there are dry patches and the effects are long-lasting.
12. Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Extra Dry Skin Lotion
Lubriderm’s Advanced Therapy daily moisturizing body lotion contains natural lipids and vitamins to fortify the skin for up to 24 hours. Each one of Lubriderm’s lotions offers slightly different benefits. Some are unscented and others are free of dyes and lanolin for sensitive skin. It includes natural oils like coconut oil, jojoba, cocoa butter, and sunflower.
13. Advanced Clinicals Shea Butter Ultra Rich Softening Cream
Advanced Clinicals Shea Butter body Cream is gentle enough to use on your face but potent enough to treat psoriasis. The company says you can even use it as a deep conditioner on your hair. Not only does it soften dry skin, but it also helps hide varicose veins and stretch marks. There are no parabens in this American-made product, and it’s backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
14. La Roche-Posay Lipikar Body Milk Lipid Replenishing Body Lotion with Shea Butter
La Roche-Posay’s Lipikar replenishing body lotions and creams feel so silky and lightweight that it’s hard to believe how well it works. The quick-absorbing texture is perfect for moderately dry to very dry skin in adults and children. The formula starts with nutrient-rich thermal spring water to hydrate. Then it has shea butter to seal in moisture and soften extremely dry skin.
15. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion
Alba Botanica’s Very Emollient body Lotion exfoliates dead skin with alpha-hydroxy acids to help hydration penetrate deeper. Then it moisturizes with natural solutions like aloe, glycerin, and grape seed oil.
Green tea and chamomile calm and revitalize dull skin. Finally, it protects against evaporation with sesame and safflower oils. With regular use, your skin becomes softer and even radiant. We feel these are the best body lotions out there and are suitable for extremely dry skin.
16. Neutrogena Lightweight Body Oil for Dry Skin, Sheer Moisturizer in Light Sesame Formula
Neutrogena’s Light Sesame Body Oil comes in regular or fragrance-free versions. You only need to apply a few drops right after your bath. It absorbs in seconds to leave your skin silky, not greasy. This is best if you are looking for a hydrated skin.
17. Bliss Body Butter
The citrus scent of bliss body butter is delicious, and so is its thick, creamy texture. It instantly soothes itchy, flaky skin and renews it.
18. Dove DermaSeries Fragrance-Free Body Lotion, for Dry Skin
Dove’s DermaSeries of hypoallergenic products lack fragrances and other irritants. The rich lotion smoothes over cracked skin without making it feel sticky. This is another dermatologist-recommended moisturizer but it’s usually available at a reasonable price. We feel these are the best body lotions out there.
19. Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
What is HYDRALUCENCE? It’s Jergens’ proprietary blend of vitamins that makes skin luminous. It’s in this lightly-scented lotion designed for extra dry skin. Not only does it hydrate and protect against moisture loss, but it also makes the skin feel and look healthier.
20. Curél Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion for Extra-Dry, Tight Skin
Curel focuses on improving the skin’s natural ceramide levels. This essential ingredient fortifies against dehydration and infection. Once you apply this unscented moisturizer, it relaxes tight skin and relieves itching for up to 24 hours.
21. AmLactin Ultra Smoothing Intensely Hydrating Body Cream
AmLactin’s hydrating body cream contains lactic acid to slough off dead skin cells and reveals younger skin underneath. The effect isn’t instantaneous. Instead, the lotion works over time. The fact that it has mineral oil makes it especially good for softening cracked heels and rough elbows, too. You can use this cream all over your face and body.
22. Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion with Macadamia Nut Oil and Promega-7
Adamia says that macadamia oil is better than petroleum for repairing sensitive skin. The natural nut oil is full of omega-7, a nutrient that works fast to reduce scaling and irritation. Their Therapeutic Repair Lotion is proven to heal broken skin without the need for artificial ingredients that trigger allergic reactions. As a result, this product has won the Women’s Choice Award twice in the past few years.
Don’t put off feeling better. Relieve itching and dehydration with one of the best body moisturizers for dry skin. We hope our reviews helped you discover a new lotion to try today. Let us know what you found and how it works for you. Keep in mind to choose the best skin-care products.
- 10 Best Korean Moisturizers for Face: Reviews & Buying Guide
- 26 Best Japanese Face Masks: Reviews & Buying Guide
- 25 Best Lotions and Moisturizers for Black Skin