Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
As we age, our pores get bigger, and so do our wrinkles.
It becomes harder to hide what we perceive to be imperfections in our complexion.
But there’s hope.
The best foundations and concealers for large pores and wrinkles help hide those flaws.
Moreover, there’s makeup like this for every skin type, from dry to oily.
Finding the proper fit means looking at the details.
- The right foundation for your skin type
- 30 Best Foundations / Concealers for Large Pores & Wrinkles (2020 Update)
- 1. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
- 2. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup
- 3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer
- 4. Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
- 5. Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder
- 6. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Pore Filler Primer
- 7. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Concealer
- 8. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Total Control Drop Foundation
- 9. Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation
- 10. Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Instant Wrinkle-Defying Cream Foundation
- 11. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
- 12. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer
- 13. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Visible Lift Radiance Booster
- 14. L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer
- 15. L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Foundation
- 16. Revlon Youth Fx Fill + Blur Concealer
- 17. Revlon Youth Fx Fill + Blur Foundation
- 18. Marcelle BB Cream Illuminator
- 19. Algenist REVEAL Color Correcting Anti-Aging Serum Foundation
- 20. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup Foundation
- 21. Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup
- 22. Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation
- 23. Christian Dior Capture Total Triple Correcting Serum Foundation
- 24. BaeBlu Organic Aloe-Based LUX Liquid Foundation
- 25. Dermablend Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation Makeup
- 26. Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation
- 27. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
- 28. PÜR 4-in-1 Foundation Stick
- 29. Perricone MD No Makeup Foundation
- 30. Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation
The right foundation for your skin type
For example, you’ve heard that creamy or liquid foundations are best for wrinkles but not for large pores (1).
But mature, dry skin could look flaky with a powdered or matte foundation. How to resolve this conflict?
One trick is to apply a primer.
The primer will tighten pores and firm the skin before you apply the foundation.
Some are moisturizing, and others reduce shine – choose the one that best suits your situation.
Then, pick a foundation with a dewy or demi-matte finish.
Full matte will highlight wrinkles. Plus, you shouldn’t need it to control shine if you’re using a primer.
Blending with a brush or sponge creates a natural-looking effect.
Don’t forget the concealer if you want to disguise under-eye circles or blemishes.
Then, over the top of your makeup, apply powder.
The result is far more flawless than if you’d opted for foundation alone.
30 Best Foundations / Concealers for Large Pores & Wrinkles (2020 Update)
Let’s look at the options now.
1. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
Here is one of the best drugstore primers for large pores.
It turns your face into a smooth canvas for the foundation and concealer.
Not only does it minimize pores, but it also reduces oiliness throughout the day so that your makeup doesn’t slide off.
2. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup
Next, we have one of the best drugstore foundations for large pores.
It also happens to be a smart choice for minimizing wrinkles.
It’s a hydrating foundation with an applicator. The antimicrobial applicator lets you pinpoint trouble spots like undereye bags.
An added benefit is the SPF 18 sunscreen.
Why do women with mature skin love this formula? It’s not just because it’s inexpensive.
While you wear it, the makeup fills in imperfections and smooths texture with collagen. At the same time, antioxidants from goji berry fight premature aging.
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer
Use the concealer in conjunction with the foundation above to disguise age spots and dark circles.
It also hides fine lines.
4. Maybelline New York Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
Another cheap option for hiding large pores is this foundation that sets to an airbrushed finish.
The medium coverage feels lightweight and looks natural.
Not only does it hydrate with hyaluronic acid, but it also doesn’t cake or crease into lines.
The satin finish lasts up to sixteen hours.
5. Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Powder
Put the finishing touches on your face with one of the best powders for large pores.
It’s silky and offers buildable medium coverage.
If you have combination skin, this may be the answer you’re looking for. It can manage oiliness in the T-zone to keep your face looking fresh throughout the day.
6. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Pore Filler Primer
Here is another example of the many primers that reduce the appearance of pores.
It’s handy for oily or combination skin.
The talc-free formula ensures that your complexion stays matte and your makeup stays put.
7. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Concealer
Next, use this color-correcting concealer to cover up acne, age spots, and undereye circles.
It offers medium coverage even across large areas of the face.
Happily, NYX products are PETA-certified cruelty-free, too.
8. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Total Control Drop Foundation
Are you having trouble finding the right shade for your complexion?
Try this liquid foundation on older skin with large pores.
Purchase the colors closest to what you need, then blend them with a brush or sponge before applying the makeup.
The result is a smooth, matte finish that perfects the complexion.
9. Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation
The collaboration between Covergirl and Olay resulted in a popular liquid foundation that everyone should try at least once.
It’s amazingly good for something this inexpensive.
No, it doesn’t have the staying power of high-end products. But don’t let that stop you when there are so many other benefits.
For example, it minimizes both wrinkles as well as large pores.
Next, green tea and vitamins regenerate the skin.
Then, there’s sunscreen (SPF 28) as well.
10. Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Instant Wrinkle-Defying Cream Foundation
Enjoy all the benefits of the liquid foundation above in cream instead.
Some users have pointed out that it hides the redness of rosacea very well.
11. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
Neutrogena knows that mature skin requires hydration even if it’s oily.
This gel formula won’t clog pores even though it’s as moisturizing as some face creams.
The effects last for up to twenty-four hours.
It has a light coverage that looks great even if you apply it with your fingers. It doesn’t even settle into fine lines.
The only con is that there are only ten shades.
12. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer
Choose from five shades to mask dark circles and other blemishes.
This is a concealer with hyaluronic acid to moisturize the skin.
It won’t irritate eyes or cause problems for contact lens wearers.
13. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Visible Lift Radiance Booster
Here’s a primer that you can wear by itself on days when you don’t feel like putting on makeup.
It moisturizes for up to twenty-four hours while it softens and smooths the skin.
The tiny iridescent pearl particles add radiance and blur the appearance of imperfections.
14. L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Concealer
After you’ve primed your face, use this concealer to hide pores and blemishes.
Fortunately, it doesn’t settle into wrinkles. It can actually help hide them.
To get the best look possible, use a shade that’s slightly lighter than your skin tone.
15. L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Serum Absolute Foundation
L’Oreal tested this foundation on volunteers. Eighty-eight percent of the trial participants reported more even skin tone, and 68% said their wrinkles were less noticeable.
Keep in mind; the testers were asked to use the product for four weeks straight. That gave it time to rejuvenate aging skin.
16. Revlon Youth Fx Fill + Blur Concealer
Revlon’s concealer promises to blur wrinkles and blemishes. It can make crow’s feet less obvious.
It comes with a cushioned applicator for pinpoint application.
The optical diffusers and micro-fillers perfect the complexion even better if you use a primer first.
17. Revlon Youth Fx Fill + Blur Foundation
After the primer and concealer, the foundation can take a decade off your face.
It erases hyperpigmentation and fine lines alike.
Furthermore, it has SPF 20 to protect against damage caused by the sun.
The full-coverage formula comes in twelve shades and should last all day.
18. Marcelle BB Cream Illuminator
For those days when you want to wear as little makeup as possible, here’s a skin-brightening BB cream.
It does not have sunscreen. But it is packed with anti-aging ingredients like antioxidants and chamomile.
The radiant finish doesn’t look glittery but rather dewy. Users say it makes fine lines much less obvious.
19. Algenist REVEAL Color Correcting Anti-Aging Serum Foundation
You might be disappointed to find out that this foundation comes in only six shades. But those shades include fair, light, medium, tanned, and deep.
It sets to a semi-matte finish that looks natural, like clean skin.
The buildable coverage starts out lightweight, like it’s barely there.
Then, the microalgae oil, Alguronic acid, and AlgaCorrecting Complex smooth texture and color-correct imperfections.
One user commented that it’s perfect for her mature skin as it doesn’t settle into lines or wrinkles. It also stays put on the oily T-zone.
20. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup Foundation
Urban Decay’s foundation improves your appearance without making it look like you’re wearing any makeup at all.
One of the key ingredients is something called Litchiderm, derived from the lychee fruit. This restores elasticity to the skin to keep it looking youthful.
It also has peptides to plump the skin and green tea to tighten pores.
21. Estee Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup
Estée Lauder created this foundation for the perfectionist in you.
It defends against ultraviolet radiation and hydrates your complexion. The result is a more luminous appearance with fewer lines.
It’s made for all skin types, and it’s oil-free.
22. Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation
Here’s a twelve-hour-wear foundation with medium-to-full coverage.
It uses coconut water and hyaluronic acid to moisturize mature skin without clogging pores.
23. Christian Dior Capture Total Triple Correcting Serum Foundation
Those who’ve tried it say that this foundation is worth every penny.
As soon as you put it on, it illuminates your complexion to take years off your face.
It feels natural and lightweight but offers plenty of coverage to disguise blemishes.
24. BaeBlu Organic Aloe-Based LUX Liquid Foundation
What if your foundation smells like vanilla? Would that be a plus?
If so, try this liquid makeup.
It’s vegan and packed with organic ingredients that promote youthful skin.
There are no artificial colors, fragrances, or preservatives, either.
Users love how it glides on and feels super lightweight and breathable. It’s perfect for mature faces as it enhances your appearance without calling attention to pores or wrinkles.
What’s more, it’s kind to rosacea-prone skin.
25. Dermablend Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation Makeup
If you want buildable full-coverage makeup that won’t fail you, try Dermablend’s liquid foundation.
It’s highly pigmented and available in a wide range of shades.
In fact, it’s so good that Allure awarded it Best in Beauty in 2018.
26. Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation
Birthmarks, tattoos, and age spots are no match for Dermablend’s moisturizing cream foundation.
It provides top-of-the-line full coverage plus SPF 30 sunscreen. The UV filters are mineral, not chemical.
Also important, it’s fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.
You might think that a cream foundation would look cakey, but this one does not. It’s trusted around the world by those in the know.
If you want no-fail makeup for sort of blemish, get Dermablend.
27. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
Dermablend’s translucent powder is formulated to extend the wearability of their foundations. But in a pinch, it can set makeup from other sources, too.
It reduces shine and makes the foundation resistant to transferring and smudging.
28. PÜR 4-in-1 Foundation Stick
Skip the goopy liquid foundations and the mess from powdered makeup. Use this stick instead.
It fits in the smallest of handbags and won’t melt or spill.
After you apply it, it sets to a velvet finish with medium to full coverage.
Even better, it’s not just a foundation. It can also conceal, highlight, and contour.
While you wear it, green tea, ginseng, and vitamins brighten skin tone and firm texture.
It’s available in twenty-four shades for every skin color.
29. Perricone MD No Makeup Foundation
Large pores and wrinkles become less of a problem over time when you use this foundation regularly.
It has a semi-matte finish that looks like your own clean skin, only better.
It features neuropeptides and daisy extract to correct hyperpigmentation. Plus, it has SPF 20 sunscreen and anti-pollution protection.
Choose from eight shades.
30. Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation
Here’s another high-end liquid foundation that will turn you into a repeat consumer.
It’s full-coverage that sets to a velvety finish. It provides SPF 25 broad-spectrum UV protection, too.
The benefits last for up to sixteen hours so that you don’t have to stop when the sun goes down.
There are twenty shades total to match every skin tone.
Enhance your appearance with the right foundation and concealer. Soon those bothersome pores and wrinkles won’t be so bothersome when you look in the mirror.
It doesn’t matter what skin type you have. There’s bound to be a product for you.
If you found makeup today that you enjoy using, let us know about it in the comments below.
Recommended Reading: How To Stop Foundation Settling in Pores?
1. https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-hide-a-pimple-on-your-nose/ by Melissa King, accessed March 5, 2020