Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
We all age, and it inevitably has an impact on our appearance. But the best face moisturizers for mature skin slow down the process. They protect your complexion from the ravages of time and the environment.
The lotion you used when you were 20 or 30 won’t cut it when you’re 40, 50, and beyond. You need the right ingredients to boost your skin tone and elasticity. It’s important to protect yourself from photoaging. And it’s essential to add enough moisture to keep your face healthy.
Now, let us take a look at the best moisturizer for mature skin.
- Top Face Moisturizers for Mature Skin In 2021
- 1. L’Oreal Paris, Skin Expertise Age Perfect Day + Night Hydrating Moisturizer Cream for Mature Skin with SPF 15
- 2. Face Moisturizer by Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Moisturizer Plus, Mature Therapy
- 3. Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream by Olay Regenerist
- 4. Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- 5. Mario Badescu Caviar Day Cream
- 6. Mario Badescu Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare & Hyaluronic Acid
- 7. Mario Badescu Vitamin E Night Cream
- 8. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer
- 9. AHAVA Dead Sea Extreme Day Cream, Time to Revitalize
- 10. DerMend Specialized Fragile Skin Moisturizing Cream
- 11. Skinceuticals AGE A.g.e. Interrupter
- 12. Vanicream Skin Cream with Pump Dispenser
- 13. Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer, Organic, and Natural
- 14. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
- 15. BeeFriendly Face and Eye Cream All Natural USDA-Certified Organic Moisturizer
- 16. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for All Skin Types, Body and Face Lotion
- 17. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- 18. Kleem Organics Anti-Aging Retinol Moisturizer Cream
- 19. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
- 20. La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 15
- 21. Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF30
- 22. Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
- 23. Paula’s Choice-RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
- 24. RoC Multi Correxion 5 In 1 Anti-Aging Daily Face Moisturizer with SPF 30
If you don’t have time to read the complete article, here are our top picks.
Top Face Moisturizers for Mature Skin In 2021
We researched and reviewed the top face moisturizers for aging skin below. We hope this information helps you find the perfect product for your needs.
1. L’Oreal Paris, Skin Expertise Age Perfect Day + Night Hydrating Moisturizer Cream for Mature Skin with SPF 15
L’Oreal’s Age Perfect day and night creams are an excellent choice for women in their 50s. They tackle three important challenges: dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, and age spots. The day cream also features a light sunscreen. That’s essential when it also contains beta hydroxyl acid to help new skin cells form faster.
Customers praise these moisturizers, saying that with only one week’s use they see a noticeable difference. Their skin is less crepey and age spots are less noticeable. In case you’re curious, some of the other ingredients to note include soy protein, vitamin C, green tea, omega fatty acids, jasmine extract, and shea butter. It helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles(signs of aging) and also reduces dark spots.
The formula will also protect against free radicals and keep the skin looking glowy and is also suitable for acne-prone skin.
But if you find that your complexion is too pale, try the Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer after cleansing in the morning and keep your skin looking more radiant.
2. Face Moisturizer by Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Moisturizer Plus, Mature Therapy
Olay’s Total Effects moisturizer is recommended for all skin types especially if you’re dealing with fine lines or brown spots. That’s because its seven benefits include smoother skin with firmer tone, a brighter complexion, and less visible pores.
Some of this product’s key ingredients include niacinamide to soothe redness, Vitamin C, tea leaf extract, and ginger. Unfortunately, just like the L’Oreal moisturizers above, this one also has parabens and an artificial fragrance.
3. Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer Cream by Olay Regenerist
Olay’s Regenerist rich Cream starts to sculpt your face on a microscopic level from the first time you use it. It’s fragrance-free and rich in hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and amino-peptides. Within four weeks, it can make you look 10 years younger. We feel this is the best anti-aging cream for dry skin out there. Also, these are fragrance-free.
4. Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
Clinique’s Moisture Surge concentrates on one task. It provides extreme hydration that lasts for up to three days after you smooth it on.
The main ingredient is hyaluronic acid. The acid is a natural component of your skin that diminishes with age. It attracts up to 1000 times its own weight in water making it extremely valuable for moisturizing the skin. If you’re tired of flaky cheeks and fine lines, give this one a try. It’s also free of artificial fragrances, oils, alcohols, and parabens.
5. Mario Badescu Caviar Day Cream
Enrich your skin with Mario Badescu’s Caviar Day Cream. It’s perfect for wintertime when you need to revive and protect delicate, dry skin. It includes a caviar extract that enhances skin’s firmness and elasticity.
6. Mario Badescu Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare & Hyaluronic Acid
Another option from Mario Badescu is this Hydrating Moisturizer that plumps and refreshes dehydrated complexions. It has hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E, and stimulate collagen to firm up texture and heal dry spots. The addition of isodecyl salicylate brightens skin tone by fading blemishes and is suitable for dry skin. It will also give your skin a smooth texture.
7. Mario Badescu Vitamin E Night Cream
The Vitamin E Night Cream blends antioxidant-rich wheat germ oil with cocoa butter and cottonseed oil to revive mature skin.
8. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer
Don’t like thick creams and oily moisturizers? Try the Drench moisturizer from Peter Thomas Roth. It’s an ultra-lightweight gel that wears well underneath makeup. Worn at night, it repairs your face while you sleep. While hyaluronic acid attracts moisture, ceramides prevent its loss. Meanwhile, antioxidants undo the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and environmental pollution.
We feel this is much better than the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 30.
9. AHAVA Dead Sea Extreme Day Cream, Time to Revitalize
Reap the benefits of this exotic moisturizer from Israeli skin-care company AHAVA . Not only does it contain minerals from the Dead Sea, but it also has ingredients from the Himalayan Mountains. It turns out that Tibetan Goji berries, raspberry root, and lichen are rich in the same nutrients your skin needs. Of course, they include minerals from the Dead Sea, too.
It also restores dead skin cells and maintains a protective skin barrier and also protects the skin from environmental damage.
Clinical trials performed by an independent agency found that 98% of users saw an improvement in their skin’s appearance after four weeks. Almost 90% noticed fewer wrinkles. Moreover, this day cream is free of petroleum, parabens, and phthalates. Also, these are oil-free.
10. DerMend Specialized Fragile Skin Moisturizing Cream
Once you hit your 60s and 70s, you’re likely to notice that your skin doesn’t heal as quickly and bruises easily. Try the DerMend moisturizing cream to repair fragile skin. It softens and firms both your face and body.
11. Skinceuticals AGE A.g.e. Interrupter
The A.G.E. Interrupter from SkinCeuticals focuses on the central problem of aging skin. It doesn’t just moisturize. Instead, it restores elastin and collagen damaged by excess glucose molecules. One of the key ingredients is 30% proxylane (AKA Pro-Xylane) derived from beech trees. It’s proven to firm up sagging skin and erase wrinkles.
12. Vanicream Skin Cream with Pump Dispenser
It’s not uncommon to develop sensitive skin as you age. If that’s the case, keep it simple with Vanicream’s moisturizer. It’s great if you have winter itch, psoriasis, or eczema because it’s free of artificial fragrances, dyes, lanolin, formaldehyde, and parabens. Plus, it’s mild enough to use on your face. We feel this is much better than the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 30.
13. Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer, Organic, and Natural
Christina Moss’ Naturals Face Moisturizer is another product that’s free of harsh chemicals. It has no synthetic preservatives, dyes, fragrances, or even propylene glycol. The natural and organic ingredients like aloe, avocado, and grape seed oil keep your skin soft and comfortable. It’s a solid choice if you’re not interested in specific anti-aging benefits but just want a dependable, pleasant to use rich cream.
14. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost is also free of parabens, dyes, and perfumes. You can enjoy it both day and night as it provides plenty of moisture with no greasy or tacky residue, and also acts like a sponge that binds to 1,000 times its weight in water to hydrate the outer skin layer, and also firm the skin without leaving high and dry.
15. BeeFriendly Face and Eye Cream All Natural USDA-Certified Organic Moisturizer
BeeFriendly’s simple moisturizer has only seven ingredients, all of which are certified organic. It fights aging naturally with raw honey, beeswax, extra virgin olive oil, and essential oils. You won’t need to use much to make your face softer and firmer. Regular use can diminish crow’s feet and sun damage.
16. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for All Skin Types, Body and Face Lotion
Simplify your bathroom counter with this single product that doubles as facial and body lotion. Cetaphil’s moisturizer won’t clog pores and it’s free of fragrances and lanolin. It’s ideal for sensitive skin and it hydrates for up to a full day after you apply it. We feel these are the best moisturizers out there.
You can also go for the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 30, which is a great product and is also fragrance-free and oil-free.
17. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
If you have health challenges like diabetes or kidney disease, try EltaMD’s AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer. It was created by doctors, especially for your situation. Once you apply it, it melts into your skin to add moisture for up to 12 hours. It clears up redness and irritation, too.
18. Kleem Organics Anti-Aging Retinol Moisturizer Cream
Kleem Organics stands behind their Retinol cream with a satisfaction guarantee. They say it improves moisture levels in the skin for 72 hours. Besides Retinol, which resurfaces your face, it contains hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil, green tea, and vitamin E. These are all classic anti-aging ingredients as well.
19. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
LilyAna Naturals knows that you might be a little nervous about using Retinol. Sure, it’s the most-recommended solution for wrinkles. But it can dry out your skin and make you more sensitive to sunlight. Therefore, they’ve included intense moisturizers like shea butter, vitamin c, green tea, jojoba oil, and hyaluronic acid to protect you. One other benefit of this moisturizer is that it helps clear up acne and blackheads.
20. La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 15
Protect yourself from photoaging with the Anthelios moisturizer. La Roche-Posay is an award-winning sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection. It’s not greasy and it absorbs quickly. Furthermore, it’s free of artificial fragrances and oils.
21. Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF30
Murad’s Anti-Aging Moisturizer not only keeps you safe from the sun, but it also builds up collagen in your face. The end result is fewer fine lines(signs of aging) around your mouth and eyes and on your forehead. Also, if you’re dealing with oily skin or an oily T-zone, this moisturizer minimizes shine.
22. Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Mature skin loves Elizabeth Arden’s sheer tinted moisturizer. It’s like a sheer foundation that makes your complexion radiant but not glittery. While you wear it, antioxidants and vitamins keep your skin young.
23. Paula’s Choice-RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
The Paula’s Choice Wrinkle Defense moisturizer has a sheer tint that sets to a satin finish. On the surface, the pure mineral zinc oxide sunscreen reflects harmful UV rays. Then behind the scenes, resveratrol repairs sun-damaged skin.
24. RoC Multi Correxion 5 In 1 Anti-Aging Daily Face Moisturizer with SPF 30
RoC’s anti-aging face moisturizer features technology called HEXINOL. It’s a compound that fights moisture loss, wrinkles, saggy skin, discoloration, and dullness. Women who participated in a clinical trial noticed a positive difference in their complexions within four weeks.
You may think it’s too late for your face, but it’s not. The right moisturizer for mature skin will make you look and feel better. It will heal dry, flaky skin and firm it up, too. It’s a small investment to restore your confidence when you look in the mirror.